1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will ProWings widen my plowing width?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ToyTruck, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

This sounds like a dumb question - but I want to be able to plow a wider path. I have a long gravel driveway that falls off on both sides quickly, so I can't put the truck further left or right to plow wider, I have to just stay on the driveway.

My plow is a Curtis poly home-prow 3000, only 7' wide. If I add at least one ProWing, I'm thinking I can push the snow back another 8" to 10" which will help me a lot when we get a lot of snow and I run out of space to plow snow into.

Is this the best way to go?

thanks!

2. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

You really can't just add one pro-wing, you have to put both of them on. It will make your path wider, they work great, i put them on my western 8.6 plow and love them.

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

to get there from here

man there is just no easy way to put pro wing's on a home pro because you have no steel to attach them to were they have to go .you will have to get quite inventive to put them on .

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

sure you can, just not sure why you would only want 1 on, but you can just run one.
    this sounds correct, you'll have to fab up a bracket, but I have seen pict on here of people that put them on poly plows.

what you need is a Sidewing, they have there own website and plenty has been discussed on here to look up.

5. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

poly plow

I can't weld but I hava an idea of cutting a piece of rectangular steel tube to fit between 2 existing vertical rib tubes to support the inside pin. My idea is to cut the ends to have a tab, and a little depth, which will extend over both existing vertical ribs.

Then I can bolt through the tabs into the rib. Almost as good as welding a piece in. If that gets too involved, will bring to the welder!

As far as only 1 wing, I really only need to solve the width problem, drivers side is what I use to do the final push on each side. I'm not sure I want to add too much more stress and strain to my 4 cyl Tacoma. Also will only be half the work to install <lazy>

My thought was I'd start like this, maybe add the second later. Also, I saw a guy was selling his passenger side one on ebay, same deal. But I want the driver's side too!

6. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

sidewing looks good but $$$

probably more than I can spend on it? How much you think?

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

4-6 k for the Sidewing.