1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will plow work w. truckside wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Borgia, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Borgia

Borgia Junior Member

I have an 02 F250 Superduty. I'm looking at getting something newer and keeping the 02 as a farm/plow truck. Problem is it doesn't have a plow setup. I own a western ultramount and found the 02 F250 truckside and wiring on craigslist for a good deal. I took pics of my wiring and the craigslist wiring and am wondering if this will work or if would need to modify it somehow and how much that would cost. The first image below is the wiring from the craigslist ad for sale. The second is my wiring

plow cg.jpg

my plow2.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That c.l wiring is for the plowside not the truckside.
    Unless I'm.wrong your looking for a new truckside harness, and controller?

3. Borgia

Borgia Junior Member

Correct I'm looking for truck side controller and wiring. Ru sure you are correct bc the bottom pic is the wiring on my plow and the above wiring is from the craigslist ad. It looks like the craigslist will fit in mine. Particularly the two hole one. If they were both plow side wouldn't they both be male or female?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't specify what wiring YOU had.
    Wouldn't 've the first time someone got hosed on.wiring.
    Does it have the isolation module, and controller?

5. Borgia

Borgia Junior Member

Yea sorry it's my first time setting up a plow. Yes it has iso module and controller. My issue is two of the connectors look like they match up correctly but the ones to the left have more holes than prongs. Idk if that will work out not?

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

The CL wiring will work. It will even work with the earlier 3 plug V plows. If you have a straight blade it only uses 3 prongs on the control harness. V plows use 7

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hmmmm. not quite enough info.
    yes they are both three plug isolation module wiring, but the CL guy has v-plow wiring (7 pins). It WILL work with a straight blade, but his control connector is going to be the big round screw on 10 pin connector, so you'll an adapter from that to the 6pin molex straight blade control connector. That adapter is a 66760K. maybe the dude has that already if he has had straight plows too.
    If he doesn't have the right headlight harness, you'll have another $200 approx for that. 2002 F250's could have HB5's or 2B sealed beams. HB5 would be more common, but if one of you has a real plain jane work truck, that would probably have 2B's.
    .. Oh I just read again, and you haven't said what truck you are looking to put this on. So, depends on what you go to. You might even end up needing a different module. So if you end up needing a module and a h/l harness kit, you'll be spending over $300 plus that 66760K adapter for $50 or so. So, unless the CL wiring is free, or unless it IS all correct for whatever truck you are going on, then probably not worth screwing with.

1olddogtwo likes this.
  8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It's post like the one above that makes PS great.

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

wow, thanks olddog dude! 'preciate it buddy.

10. Borgia

Borgia Junior Member

Thx, any idea where I can find the headlight harness you are saying I need. My truck is hb5

11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Plow parts direct.com, or your local Western dealer.