1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will plow set-up fit this truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dockmaster, Nov 30, 2003.

1. dockmaster

dockmaster Junior Member

I bought a Meyer's plow for my 1988 F250 and never put it on the truck. It has been sitting in my shop for 12 years. I have a 1997 F250 HD. Does anyone know if it will bolt on or what modifications I have to do to make it fit? Its in perfect condition. Thank for any help.
  2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

First off Welcome to plowsite.:waving:

In order to mount that setup on your 97 F250 your probably going to need a different mount and a different wiring harness.
  3. hilltopfarm

hilltopfarm Junior Member

did you ever get that plow mounted

I was thinking of oing the same thing and was wondering what you had to go through to put that plow on i was going to swap an 89 meyers onto a 1996 older body style f250
  4. dockmaster

dockmaster Junior Member

Mounted older meyers on '97 Heavy Duty

I had very little problem mounting the plow. I used everything off the original plow setup including the mount. I did have to re-drill a couple of holes I don't recall which ones I did. I have removed the plow frame and pump for the summer but left the lower mount on. I will be putting it back on shortly and will post when I figure out which holes they were. When putting the plow frame on you will have to remove the bumper first. The bumper then bolts to the plow frame. I cut the ears off the plow frame that hold the bumper and put longer bolts through the bumper bracket, through the plow frame and bolted it to the front of the truck frame. The original had bolts that went through the bumper unlike mine that had brackets inside the bumper. The pump will sit very close to the bumper but will not interfere with anything. I used the original wiring harness that came with the plow. If you need any more infor let me know. Good Luck