1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will plow lights work with switchbacks...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by weyland426, Nov 10, 2013.

1. weyland426

weyland426 Junior Member
    from indiana

...installed on my truck? I just recently purchased LED switchback white/amber parking/turn lights which required the addition of an in-line load equilizer to assure correct load/flash rate for the turns. I didn't think about about it until after I had put the tools away that my plow lights may be affected by this equilizer. Does anyone know? I figured the plow simply sensed power on the lighting circuit to operate the Boss relays but thought I would ask here to possibly save myself a headache later. Thanks.

2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I think you will be all set. A buddy of mine has them on his Ford wrecker. It has a fisher setup and the lights work fine. I would think that technically, with the plow hooked up, you wouldn't need the equalizer because the plow signal lights would provide the amp draw to correct a fast "false blown bulb" effect. I guess you could just hook it up and try it see what happens..

3. JPS13

JPS13 Junior Member

Having a boss installed on my 99f250 today it has halo led lighting , they tell me that they cannot hook up the ligts on the plow is this true ? Can you still wire it in ?thx

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Did they install it and try it or did they just say it can't be done? I'm sure your aftermarket lights had to have the same connectors as factory lights... No? That's the only thing I can see is that they couldn't plug the boss harness back into your aftermarket lights.

5. JPS13

JPS13 Junior Member

. They just said it wouldn't work I need to go get the ECM flashed and get factory lights installed