1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will plow from 92 f250 install on 97 f350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kwegman003, Nov 5, 2007.

1. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

I am looking at a western conventional 7.5ft plow off a 1992 f250. I would like to re-install it on my 1997 f350. Will it mount correctly and will the wiring harness work? I have used a western plow like this on my chevy last year, but I bought a f350 to be my main truck for this year.

sooner the better I need to install a plow this week. Is it a job I can tackle or should I fork out $300 to have it done? I consider myself to be a handy college student, but I don't have torches/welder.
  2. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

Its Easy, And Will Work On The 97

Just Take The Bumper Off, You May Have To Drill One Set Of Holes, Just Watch Out For Your Trans Cooler Lines On The Driver Side Frame Rail When You Drill
    Good Luck (will Take About 3.5 Hours For You To Swap It Over
  3. natureguy

natureguy Junior Member
    from indiana

there shouldnt be any difference in the frame or the plow mounts. should mount right up.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

The 92-97 years were the same for most plow frames. Like the above poster said, it should go right on.