1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will plow from 2000 f550 fit 2001 f250?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 1stTrax, Nov 9, 2009.

1. 1stTrax

1stTrax Junior Member
    from vermont

I'm looking at an 8 1/2' Lobo V-plow thats on a 2000 f550 superduty diesel. I have a 2001 f250 superduty diesel. I plan on adding Timbrens and whatever else I need to beef up my front end. I don't want the plow if I have to buy mounting frame. Any idea if this is same mounting hardware?
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Honestly, I don't know. But I can tell you that the F550 is a chassis cab frame and your pickup is not. They have different frame widths. So, there may be some interchangeable parts, but there is definitely going to be something that does not swap.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

While the rears of the pick-up vs X spring truck are differant the fronts should be a direct swap. You will probably have to lift the center member/nose-piece to the top holes. The front ends are the same but the X spring trucks sit higher. You can trim the excess side plates below the center member.

If it's a three pin it should be one of these

If it's not a Lobo but a 28V it will look like this