1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will not raise to mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by beb, Aug 25, 2012.

1. beb

beb Junior Member

I have a 9'2" Poly-V. I went to attach it to move it today, and when I pulled up and hooked the plugs to it, It would not raise from the switch that is mounted on the plow. The controller was in the float position and the truck running. It seemed that when I pilled the switch up to raise it to mount to the truck, It would almost seem to go the opposite. All other functions worked from the controller. I finally lifted it up by hand to lock the pins in. All functions worked. It just would not raise from the switch mounted on the plow. The motor would run but not raise the light assembly. :realmad:

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

no lift

i would check the ground to the smart hitch valve and the plugs to see if they need so dielectric grease some time's the smart hitch switch goes's bad or the wire connector's get loose and you can squease them together a little bit ,i always's use grease on them .

3. beb

beb Junior Member

I checked the plug ends and the grounds. All seem to be fine. Would it matter if the truck is running or not? Some say just to turn the key to the on position and the controller in float. I would not think that it would matter if the truck is running or not. I will try it with the key on and truck not running.

4. beb

beb Junior Member

Upon further examination, I found that pin #11 was broke on the plow side harness. I would suspect that this might be the problem. Could it be?

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

that could be it ,look's like a yellow wire but maybe B&B may be able to conferm it ,broken pin's are never good . might need to replace that side plug with a repair end .

6. beb

beb Junior Member

Just ordered one.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pin #11 is just for the parking lights. That won't prevent the SH from working. Normally it's pin #13 you lose thus lose the SH but if th pump is running you're good there, so it's a plow side issue. Need to check the SH coil for power and magnetism with the switch held and go from there. Sometimes it's just the valve that's stuck from inactivity and a couple gentle "bumps" with a screwdriver handle will restore proper function. But if there's no luck there check it for power and mag as mentioned.

8. beb

beb Junior Member

Do you have a pic or could you please tell me which coil is the SH coil? Thanks

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

SH coil/valve is the second one in from the driver side on the front of the manifold. It'll be the only one with a solid black wire.

10. rtreads

rtreads Junior Member
    from Denver

My plow is doing the same thing. When I hit the SH switch, the pump runs, but the tower does not raise. And its only a year old!