1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will Not Lift

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Stan MI, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Sno pro 3000

Tripped the plow today pretty hard, after that lift would not work. Pump runs and everything else works but no lift. Jacked the plow up with a car jack and shortened the chain to get home. Tried the lift again at home and it seemed to work fine. Lowered the plow down put the chain back to it's normal position and, no lift.

Everything else including the foot works. Just no lift. Pump runs but no lift. Is it possible the lift solenoid was jarred and now will not work.

Any thoughts ?????
  2. zztarg

zztarg Member

Did you check the hydraulic lines?
  3. Dodge Plower

Dodge Plower Junior Member

That has happened twice to our curtis plow on our 96 F150 and one time the negative ground was smashed probably due to its poor placement on the bottom of the plow. The second time the plow would not lift at all...Think either the connection went bad again or the solenoid is damaged or faulty.
  4. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

If you mean did a line give. I don't think so, there wasn't any fluid anywhere and the reservoir is full.

If I read the schematic correctly. It looks like the lift and foot peg are on the same post. If I switch the wires around the lift works from the foot peg switch but it doesn't stay up. My guess is the foot peg switch is wired differently than the controller.
  5. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Just to up date the thread.

Angelo at Curtis has been a lot of help. Takes a while to get through but time well spent. Using the information I received from him and the help I got here I believe I have found the problem.

I have the old style wiring harness. Single wire harness from truck to plow. Looks like where the wire rubs on the light tower for the plow I have frayed or cut the red (lift) wire. Today I am going to open up the bundle and splice in a new wire. That should take care of it.

I'll post results !
  6. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

That was it. Red wire was split. If anyone else gets this I think mine was caused by the wire bundle rubbing on the light tower. After a few years of use the wire finally gave.

Thanks again to all who helped especially Angelo from Curtis. Without the help I got I'm sure I'd still be looking for the problem and not plowing !!

Thanks to all Again