1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will it work under water?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by hydro_37, Jan 29, 2007.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Since I have heard all the great comments and I am waiting for my sample I have a question. I have a 35' work barge that is all steel, it is painted with rustoleum paint that sits in the water 4 months out of the year. It is a lake in Iowa so there is no salt but there is alot of algea growth. Will the fluid film stay on the metal and will it keep the algea from sticking? Thanks in advance for the repiles.

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

While we do make products more specific for your application, Fluid Film was designed for use inside ballast tanks and will not hold up under the constant water abrasion of an outside application involving immersion.
    I don't have any specific information regarding its use in inhibiting algea growth. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Thanks, That's kind of what I figured but it never hurts to ask. Guess I will have to use the $130 a gallon anti-fouling paint made for water use. :eek: