1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will it work? can i make it fit?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by drvr584, Feb 11, 2004.

1. drvr584

drvr584 Junior Member

i have a 91 s-10 blazer and am looking for a used plow for it i came across a meyer 7.5 complete setup for 450 bucks with no major problems wondering can i put a plow of this size on this vehicle? anyone know?

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

kind of big, but you can make pretty much anything fit.

Also, if you have everything else and it works, you can just get a different size blade (maybe 6 1/2') pretty cheap. The expensive part is the hydraulic stuff.

What was it originally on, and what kind of mount does it have?

-Jer

3. drvr584

drvr584 Junior Member

says it fit's 73-96 chevy truck i'm assuming 1/2 ton didn't dig to deep into it since i figured it wouldn't fit to well mainly looking for 6' to 6'9 but i figured i would ask anyways i could allways make something fit looking at a 6'5 meyer off a jeep cj too just gotta see what the frame rail distances are so i can see if i can make it fit my blazer

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I've got a meyer ez-mount from an S-10 sitting in the garage if you want it.

5. drvr584

drvr584 Junior Member

how much? and what years is the mount for?

6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Maybe 150+shipping, not sure on the year I'll check the part # and let you know

7. drvr584

drvr584 Junior Member

ok lemme know dw16063@zoominternet.net dun worry baout shipping i deliver to erie every wednesday plus i'm only an hour and 15 mins from there

8. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I knew I had driven past zelineople a few times

9. drvr584

drvr584 Junior Member

while i am thinking about it this is just the frame mounts you have correct no hoop right?

10. festerw

festerw Senior Member

yup just the part that mounts to the frame

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

7.5 is kinda large for a s10 i would look for a 6.5 or 7 tops

12. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Why couldnt you just cut off 6 inches or so off of each side and rebrace it. Its kind of hacking it up but what the hey if the price is rite...Rob