1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will it snow again?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Lee-Way, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

Is it ever going to snow again in Indiana? I was wondering if anyone has ever shatered the Lexan and how hard are they to replace?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hard to break, easy to replace.
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've hit plenty of objects - only one small 5 inch crack. Has never grown. Don't expect it to shatter.
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have seen the lexan shatter when the temps get very cold out. A guy I know went through 2 in one day... Broke early morning (did not hit anything just puching snow in the bitter cold(I think it was -10 degrees F) went and had it replaced broke again in the after noon. Who know maybe his was just a fluke...
  5. last year i was doing a parking lot and it's a real POS lot too. The asphalt and concrete is all busted and uneven, it's just really bad. Anyway, this one pass I picked up a big piece of asphalt and I swore it went through the lexan. I got out and looked and only some small scratches.

and for your question if it will snow again. No, it probably won't. Not at least until the end of april.
  6. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

Will it snow

It didn't shatter the whole blade it just spider webbed a 1 foot diameter in the bottom right corner. I don't know if I should replace it know or wait and see what happens.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did it crack from an edge? if it's a newer unit, cracked from an edge and doesn't have signs of an impact, they might warranty it check with your dealer.