1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will it fit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Sep 14, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Is it possible (using all of my current plow components) to transfer my 2005 Fisher 8' Straight blade plow from my current truck (in sig) to a 2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison RC/LB?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your current push plates are more than about a year or so old you'll need the updated push plates for the head gear to clear the bumper on the '09 as well as the correct light harness to coincide with the '09's HB3/H11 headlights.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

About how much $$$ am I looking at for those parts?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Around $600 depending on where you shop.

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Okay- thanks.

B&B- what's your opinion of the new 6 speed GM trans (behind the 6.0L)?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So far you'll hear no complaints from me as far as durability goes. They've been proving to be a very robust trans so far in the few years they've been used in the trucks. But you do have to get used to the way they work as they're no 4L80/85E in their shifting strategy. They do more gear hunting than what your probably used to with your current truck but once you get used to it it's nothing out of the ordinary. And for those times when you want full shifting control there's always the manual shifting mode. Something never available on the 80E/85E's.