1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will it fit?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Oct 6, 2008.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Will a 9' v-box spreader 3yard fit on a full size pick up 3/4ton?I was offered a 9' SS spreader used 2X look new for dirt cheap but it is 9". I am going to get it anyway just cauase I can't pass up the deal. Other wise I might sell it for a smaller unit.

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

yeah it would fit... but would cut down form the amoun tof weight you would be able to hold... so less salt

might look kinda funny if its really tall?

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Evertthing is the same but 12" longer, 95lbs heavier hold 1yard more as per specs.

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

i find it very hard to beleive that 12 more inches give you one more yard... it must be wider, or taller....

5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I thought the same thing. I am looking at the manual and thats what the specs say. Its a snoway. May be a misprint. I am going to look at there web site.

6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Web states the same. Don't make sense.

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

i dont think its right. if you notice on the ten foot modle.... they claim 4 cubic yards, but the enitre spreader gets bigger in every way, taller , wider..... if it were true then going from 9 foot to 10 foot, would be 4 yrds with out increasing the rest of its size. they must be rounding up..... I would lookat other sites, with compairable sizes to see what they claim. exactly

otherwsie sure, load it in, dont fill it all the way , nice if you every get a dump truck , your set up already

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sure it will fit. Just don't overfill it.
    You may get a bigger truck in the future and then it will be very useful.

9. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

:DI called SnoWay today and opened up a can of worms:D. After them calling me back a few times They told me they have to have there engineer go over the spreaders and recheck specs.