1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will it fit?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mark13, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Iv found a western unimount 7'6" with wings on ebay, the mount and the headlight wiring the guy has is from a '93 chevy k2500 (the plow is from 99 or 2000). Will this mount and wiring fit and work on my '98 chevy k1500? I dont know if the truck frames are different for the mount, the wiring should fit because the headlights are all the same style on the old body style chevys, but im unsure on the frame. If the mount will not fit, about how much should a used unimount truck side mount cost for my k1500? Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the mount will fit your truck but their was actually two style's of lights on these trucks (sealed beam or composite) so you might need to buy a set of headlight adapter's depending on which style of lights the truck had that the harness came off of.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How would i tell the difference? My k1500 has aftermarket head light lenses (everything upfront is 100% clear with colored bulbs) but idk what it came with (bought my truck this way) Also what is the cost of an adapter if the one that comes with the plow does not work. Or when you say sealed beam do you mean like the '88s with seperate light housings for high beams and then low beams? I think all 90-98 trucks are all one housing for both lights.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since you said that your truck has aftermarket colored light's in it then your truck must have the composite style light's."Sealed beam's" are the old glass type headlight's,like most older trucks had.If the other truck had sealed beam style light's you'll know right away, because the plugs won't connect to your truck so you'll just have to change the adaper's on the harness.You can get the correct adapters from any Western dealer or from CPW.Should cost $50.00 or less for the pair.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, a friend has a '93 k3500 and it has the same style lights as i do so it should all fit on my truck without any new parts, thanks for the replies.