1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will it fit in my garage?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BEER TIME, Sep 8, 2011.

BEER TIME Member

im looking at a 2001 f250 crew cab long box and putting on my boss v~plow.
    my garage in side wall is 27 feet. how for does the boss plow stick out? the truck is 22ft i believe
  2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

gonna be tight if it does. my garage is 24 ft and my ex cab short bed with the plow doesnt leave alot of room. and if i have my spreader on i have like 2 inches front and back... very tight! needless to say, i dont run the spreader much!!
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What about the height of the garage? Take the plow off it's a Boss plow,easy on, easy off.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure the plow doesn't stick out 5' so I would say yes if you have the truck length correct.
  5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

As Grandview said height is a concern as well most garage doors are 7', my chevy's just cleared old houses, new house I haven't tried as I got a shop (36x80) with 12 x12 door,with the house (why we moved). Either way you'll be tight on both ends height & length. One tip I used to push garage door up into opening further than the cables held it & wedge a block in between the wall and door, it got me the needed 3 inches or so in height clearance to clear light bar
  6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Plow sticks out less than 5'