1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will it ever end?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DanG, Apr 1, 2003.

1. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Snowing here again.

Not much building up, just enough to make it so I can't get any of my clean ups done that people are starting to call about.

And it's cold enough to freeze the leaves to the ground so that the trac vac on my Z-master won't pick them up(can't even rake them up).

Between this & the ground being wet it looks like a late start doing lawn work.

Dan

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Dan, There is light at the end of the tunnen unfortunately..LOL

The snow hit here with a few inches this morning on the ground and frozen yesterday till early morning. It's warm and overcast now. Going upto mid 60's this week so you'll be able to start those clean ups again.

I think you're just getting used to early springs. This was #3 in the record books for total snow fall locally but I remember snows into April in past years. We don't usually start to turn the ground till after Easter here. Anything earlier is a gift.

Just think 6 1/2 months till winter again for us.......Still snowing in the mountains of the west.

Jerre

p.s. Hope you and everyone else has a productive summer and makes it back safe next year.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I just had to pack it in early today. It was snowing so intensely for about 1/2 hour you could only see a couple hundred yards. We got a dusting, couldn't see the leaves and the wet ones wouldn't vacuum. We've got rain forcast the rest of the week.

4. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Yep! I thought it was an April Fool's joke (see thread for pics). Had to leave work early too because of the snow.

-Tim

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just went outside and got hit in the face with something wet. Couldn't believe it but it's coming down pretty good.

6. NYRookie

NYRookie Member

Had about 3" on the ground tonight when I got home. Pavement has about 1" of snow & ice. I'm not putting my plow away until June. :D I'm glad I didn't get the mowers out yet. Mine as well sit back and:drinkup:

7. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

We had flurries over the weekend, but today it hit 76 deg.

I think were done with snow in my area, all the truck are in storage.

Chuck B.

8. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

I think it is deffinatly done here. I wish this cold weather would end soon though. I already got all my commercial accounts cleaned up and mulched and have quite a few residential done. We still got a dusting yesterday but it doesn't last long at all. Well this is probably the last time I will write until November or December. Have a great summer everyone and make lots of $$$$

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Jerre, that light at the end of the tunnel is the headlights of an oncoming train! Mike ;)

10. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

and, we have more snow in the forecast here for Saturday....

11. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

We had 8-10" of snowfall, with 2" +/- of accumulation on pavement and gravel, Sunday afternoon and evening. Now the guessers are muttering about 5-10" of ACCUMULATION tomorrow and toworrrow night. As soon as you leave the pavement you're in mud to the hubs, it they're right, thi is not gonna be pretty.

12. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I think I can safely say its done for my area too....

I was actually able to get my yard cleanup up this past weekend. Now I can fertilize my lawn and such.

And BTW....

9 outta 10 times that light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train !!!!:eek:

13. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

JCurtis-I got a laugh out of your last line, my father said the same thing to me when I was graduating from High School. He said "Now you have 40 years of work to look forward to". We still laugh about that! Mike

14. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Been pruning and just finishing up the dormant oil jobs for the last couple of weeks and this morning three inches of snow. Nothing on the roads but lots on the grass. Oh well, we only get the things that we need, not always what we want.

15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just got up and Weatherbug is chirping a Winter Weather Advisory - in excess of six inches of snow expected today and tonight :( .

16. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Up north they're getting snow, I'm getting ice here.

Was supposed to do a sod job tommorrow morning, looks like that'll have to wait for a couple of days now.

Dan

17. push4$$

push4$$ Junior Member

They are calling for 6-12" on top of some serious MUD!Having a winch close by is a must.The gravel roads here are in BAD shape and some are closed until the end of "mud season". After such a crappy snow year,this year and the last,I'll take what I can get.:realmad: :rolleyes:

18. lwnmwr1

lwnmwr1 Junior Member

hey push4,
    i think they muffed another forecast. do you feel like there's a bubble over ya too. we couldn't buy a big storm this year. made my 12 plows. covers the expenses, barely!!

19. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

We got an inch of granular freezing rain last night into this morning, was out sanding for a few hours.

20. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Ended up with about 1" of slushy ice/sleet mix here.Plowed and salted a couple of mine before it sat up ihard as a rock.

My seasonal contracts and even per push contracts ended on 4/1 , So just did the year round service ones,The Church,Condo's and the Vet clinic.
    Noone else called to have anything done.

Lots of trees down, Lost power at the house for a couple of hors last night, My neighbor his street still are out.

Now they're saying maybe up to 6 - 10" of snow between monday night into tuesday. Looks like it might be a fun one to do if anybody else wants their's done now with the frozon stuff underneath.

Dan