1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will I need a back blade?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ALarsh, Oct 9, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

First year out plowing alone and I have a 8' boss super duty steel on order. Now I am going to be doing a lot of driveways that will require back dragging. Will this boss blade give a clean back drag the length of a truck to turn around or am I going to need a back dragging blade to go on the back side of the plow? If so, what would you recommend.

Thanks

2. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

Boss Back Drag

Go to Back Drag. www.backdragsnow.com. They have boss straight and V-blade back drag edges.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

get a backblade

I would highly recommend getting a backblade installed. I have a Fisher HD which is no lightweight, and the first year I used it I was very disappointed with backdragging.

This is what I had installed on my truck, what I like about it is how it folds back when pushing and when pushing snow up over a curb the swinging backblade sweeps the snow off the curb. Then when reversing, the whole plow pops up on the back blade and scrapes the heck out of the snow.

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15856&d=1140976743

On a side note, whats the point of a partial backdrag, (seems like a bunch of guys say they do it this way) then turning around and pushing to the end of the driveway then what? You can't go into the street with it. Is it not just simpler to pull in, backdrag and then push it into the lawn.

4. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Do you know how these hold up? They look pretty easy to bend back while back dragging.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

thats pretty thick steel, you won't bend it.