1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will i have to cut my valence?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DuramaxPowered, Nov 16, 2005.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I bought a 2004 model year western 8' pro ultra mount. Will i have to cut my front valence on my 2002 chevy 2500hd? Dealer say i will have to. I don't think i will though. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks:)
  2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

every new chevy i've seen with a western is cut..it doesnt look bad as long as you do it right.
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

They will always tell you that. As for my 02' F- 250, I roto-zipped semi-circles around the receiver brackets after test fitting. It looks pretty good. As far as GM goes I am not sure, but I am willing to bet you can do the same.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It all depends on what version of the mount you have. There are 3 versions of that mount and even though you have an 04 plow you may have a revision 2 for that mount (some dealers like to dump the old stock on sub dealers and hope the buyer doesnt know the differance).

The easiset way to tell is to take your tow hooks off and put the mount up in place, if the bolt holes from the side are close your in luck, if your a ways off from the bolt holes and pushing against the air dam, your goin to have to trim.