1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will I be happy with an Airflo MSS

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bosman, Sep 13, 2009.

1. bosman

bosman Senior Member

I know its small and expensive but I'm looking for something reliable that will last a while. A v-box is too big, and I need to be able to switch from salt to mag to salt/sand to cc on a nightly basis. Just wondering if anybody is using them and if you're happy with its performance?

2. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

You can't go wrong. What are you putting it in?

3. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

If the MSS is a receiver hitch spreader then yes i have used one the past few years. Last year i used it to pretreat lots with MagicSalt and then sand/salt at the end of a storm. Usually a yard of each per event. It works great, no problems at all, even with wet sand. Last year i put probably 30 yards through it... Lots of shoveling from the back of the bed into it but it def. got the job done. This year I'm looking for a bigger spreader to save the back.

4. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

they do have mini type v-box spreaders too. Not airflo. look around. But let us know what your use as a truck first then we can talk.