1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will Ford unimount wiring work on a Dodge?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by theguynextdoor, Nov 29, 2010.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I have all of the truckside wiring from my 2000 F250 for a Western Unimount. Can I use the same wiring for a 99 Dodge 2500? I have a unimount on my 98 Dodge and the wiring looks the same as that from the Ford except for the relays. The Ford wiring has 2 relays, the my Dodge has 4. The headlight harness looks the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. theguynextdoor

Does anyone know if the Ford wiring will work on the Dodge? The headlight plugs are the same. Seems the only difference is the number of relays. (Is this the isolation module?)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No not iso, the 4 relays are for quad headlights which your early Dodge doesn't have. Also, 2 relay style would work, but you'd have to switch 2 of the wires(blue and orange IIRC) in the plugs. It could probably be made to work, I'd have to see it and stare at it for a little while to know for sure.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. theguynextdoor

Thank you for the info. I'll go ahead and give it a shot with these wires. I should be able to figure it out.
  5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Should be able to make it work, I mean, it's just a bunch of wires. Western's site has the wiring diagrams if you want to go that route, or a little testing with a test light should get you what you need. The headlight wiring on those is pretty simple - a few signals to trigger a few solenoids. Good luck.
  6. SnyCo

SnyCo Member

^ this is correct. saturday i took a harness off of a mid 90's dodge and reconfigured it to work on an '04 f250. just print both sets of schematics from westernplows.com and you'll have no issues (assuming you are mechanically inclined).
  7. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I used Chevy wiring on my 99' Dodge Ram. It took a little figuring out, but it works. Anything is possible! I did it the hard way a spliced each wire individually.