1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will f150 crew cab be ok to push snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tpiper, Dec 27, 2009.

1. tpiper

tpiper Member
    from kansas

i have an old gmc truck that i am using to plow, it does a good job just about ready to fall apart and needs a lot of tlc. i have a 2001 f 150 crew cab, auto, 4 x 4 and was wondering what the thoughts were on this. the owners manual says not to but i figured that was to cover their azz. was going to look for a 3/4 ton but if this will work i will just buy a new blade set up. thanks in advance
  2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Fisher HTS will be just fine

It will push no problem.
  3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

you need to order and install the f-250 light duty torsion bars........

then ANY 7-6 is what you want....what ever you get is fine...i ran a 7-6 pro western on mine..

crews come with smaller t-bars than regular...and double smaller than 250 light duty......but after a bar swap your fine....

don't tell ANYONE it's a crew or they won;t sell you anything.........you have a f-250 light duty..to buy the plow and parts...
  4. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

It'll be fine...

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The truck will work fine
    use plenty of ballast
  6. WGLand

WGLand Junior Member

If you're doing large commerc's then I'd upgrade to at least a 3/4, if just resi, it should be fine.
  7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I have seen one plowing for the town in Buzzards Bay MA. My guess is you will be alright.
  8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

lift the torision bars and then throw a 7'6 pro plow on there you will be set. its not a 3/4 ton so you do have to beat the snot out of it to do the work just enough to get by!
  9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

naaa put a 8'2'' boss v on there,