1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will anyone share pictures of their light wiring harness connection?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Megunticook, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm rewiring my Fisher plow lights and replacing the worn factory harness with one I'm buildling from scratch (in part because I installed relays for both sets of headlamps, so the original factory wiring doesn't work).

In any case, at this point I'm wondering where the best place is to locate the plug-in connectors at the grill. Should the plug be hanging out the bottom of the grill, right above the bumper? Seems the most common location, but also seems like it would be subject to more roadsplash down there (I'm using a 7-wire molded bullet connector with plenty of dielectric grease in it, but the less salty water on it the better). Any reason not to locate it higher, toward the top of the grill? Can you set it up so the connectors can be slipped back inside the grill, out of the weather?

Just curious how others have this installed. Please share photos if you have them, and thoughts/advice.

Thanks.