1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will any meyer blade fit on any meyer mount?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by PlowOrDie, Nov 5, 2008.

1. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not all meyer blades (aka moldboards) fit on all meyer mounts or if you need a specific mount for a specific blade? I have an older meyer plow setup (atleast 9 years old) with an old moldboard/blade and was looking to get a replacement blade that is approx 3 years old. I have no idea what the model numbers of the blades are.

thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's hard to help with out more info. Not all meyer A frames are interchageable, take a tape measure to them and srr if their the same.
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

As Basher has said, not all Meyer A-Frames are the same, and we need more info to offer you some advice.

Are you replacing the blade with the same model? ST 7.5? C-7.5, C-8, C-9? What model do you have?

If you do match the blade by series and your A-Frame is decent the easiest way would simply swap it from your old plow to the new plow, one King Bolt and two angle cylinder bolts and your done, but if its a different model, read on.

The C- series typically use a 15" sector and the ST series typically use an 11" sector, which will clearly separate one from the other.

Where the tricky part comes in is on older models of Meyer plows the A-Frames are typically longer and come in a variety of lengths and Widths and were more specific to the vehicle they were to be used on. The New A-Frames ( EZ Mount Classics) will all have the hinge widths and the lengths are considerably shorter in length, they also have some variations on certain makes of trucks.

I have found in my experience that most of theA-Frames used with Classic Mounts are interchangeable, the height stops may have to be altered by trimming or adding to the stop blocks or the handles may have to be shifted as well, but any competent welder could certainly make the changes easily.

Now I'm not a plow Manufacturer, nor do I play one on TV, so you need to take a close look at the plows, and compare by measuring as many different areas as possible.

If all else fails, take several pictures of both plows, post them here and the info will flow!, lol

4. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I had the same question..I've got a st 7.5 and wanted to switch it out with a c8. O well, looks like I'll replace it with the same model moldboard, its not worth it to me to fab up some sort of adapter.