1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will an old plow work with new mount?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by J.R. Services, Oct 15, 2009.

1. J.R. Services

J.R. Services Senior Member

I have an old 1988 Ford F-250 Diesel with a 7.5' meyer plow and a E-47 pump. I also have a 01 Dodge 3500 dually that I want to put a plow mount on in case my ford dies in the middle of a storm I can switch pump and plow right over. I'm not sure what mount the dodge would need, looks like an ez plus, but i was wondering if the old plow and pump will fit on new mount?

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

are they both the ez plus mount?

3. J.R. Services

I'm not too familiar with the different types of mounts. But the ford has the kind that is behind the bumper with the big rectangle lights and the plow and two square studs and is held on by two pins. Would pictures help? Correction, new one would me ez mount classic. I found a 04 diamond plow with pump and mounting kit for 94-99 dodge for 1200, but according to meyer its 94-03...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

pics please but it sounds like they are different mounts

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then you have the old conventional mount. To set the Dodge up for backup you'd need to purchase an EZ-Classic mount and lift frame and also purchase all the truck side electricals including a set of lights. So basically the only things on the Ford you'd be able to utilize would be the pump unit and the blade.

6. J.R. Services

this is best pic i have of truck for now.
    [​IMG]

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pics are the final word. What I previously stated most definitely applies. :nod:

8. RickInTennessee

RickInTennessee Junior Member
    from Indiana

If a Ford F-450 Meyer EZ mount will work I have one for sale ...Im just not sure if there is a difference

9. J.R. Services

Is there a difference between a 94-99 dodge 1ton and a 01 dually? sub frame wise?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

94-02 2500/3500 use the same mount regardless of whether it's DRW equipped or not.

11. J.R. Services

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes that would be the correct one and yes all the frame components are there.