1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will an E60 pump lift and angle a 10ft Western Blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gman2310, Dec 6, 2006.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I have an extra e60 pump and i currently have a western cable pump with a 10 ft blade on my F700. I would like to just put the E60 pump on instead of the cable pump. I think it should have no problems, what do you think
  2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I dont see why not. It lifts a 9 foot blade and they may even use the E60H on the munincipal Meyer Aggressor units....Im not sure, but thats their biggest pump that Im aware of.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't recommend using your E60 as is, to lift a 10ft Western blade.Those 10 ft Westerns are a very heavy "municipal" style blade and the E60 wasn't designed to lift a blade that heavy. Now if you converted your E60 to an E60H then you'd have no problems at all. Most people think that the ONLY difference between the E60 and the E60H is the longer lift ram BUT the E60H also has a larger diameter lift piston and cylinder which provides more lifting force for lifting those larger blades.
  4. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

how much would it cost to convert
  5. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

An aftermarket ram is $39
    Basic seal kit $22

Meyer parts
    Ram $75
    Cylinder $70
    Studs 3X 4.39
    tank $52

I have all the parts used except for the tank and the lift ram they would be new I could give you the whole deal including the needed seals and orings for $150 + 12 shipping
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Sure it'll work, and yes it may be kinda heavy for the E-60. Personally I would just hook it up and run it till it breaks, keep a spare motor on hand. It might surprise ya.
  7. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

It will work fine,we have one with an e60 and its does great,If you can get enought height to transport blade at an angle without draging the ground,its fine.
    As far as e 60h, it is for a higher reach to get that blade up higher,yes it does have a bigger rod but the reason it is bigger is to take the stress of the longer stroke.not for the blade weight.

you have to mount the pump and see where the blade height is,some pumps mount up high,some pumps mount low, before spending cash mount it .it may work as far as destroying the pump,no .
    if you are concerned with the bounce bending the ram put a chain on the carriage down to the plowand release pump pressure to hold the weight and keep the weight off pump while on the road and hitting bumps.
    but as said earlier this will be the fourth year with an e60 on a 10 western and never a problem.
    just my 2 cents

RP AUTO REPAIR Junior Member

It Will Work I Have E-60 On All My Trucks 4 Of Em And They Are Much Stronger Than Any Western Cable Unit. I Have Lifted My 8 Foot Western With It With A Person Standing On It Weighing 245. No Problem. In Nyc I Have Seen The E-60 On Municipal Trucks With 10 Footers On Em.