1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a Snoway light duty plow fit on a 1996 Ford Ranger?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Manitoba Plow, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Manitoba Plow

Manitoba Plow Junior Member
    from canada

When I look at the drop down list on snoways site the only options seem to be 1998 and newer.

it's a 6 cyc ext cab btw.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. Manitoba Plow

Manitoba Plow Junior Member
    from canada

Well I just found out the answer is no. Canadian regulations seem to be more rescritive then the states. It was suggested I get a 3/4 ton truck with a front axle rate of 4600 lbs.

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

You'll just need to find an older plow with the 3 point mounting system. MT or ST series is what you'd be looking for. I'm guessing the reason your truck doesn't show up is because the 3 point mount is considered obsolete and they are only making the newer style mounts and don't have one for your truck.

Here's the mount kit you would need to go along with MT/ST plow.
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100216b.pdf

4. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

snoway

I have the 3pt mount that was orriginally on an S10 Pickup, I'd sell it and ship it if you thought you could make it fit. Dmorr@charter.net

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No that''s not it. Snoway never made a 22 series mount for the pre 1998 ranger. There was a mount availvable for the ST and 18 series plows.