1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will a rubber edge snow pusher question

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by mustang6240, Nov 10, 2013.

1. mustang6240

mustang6240 Junior Member
    from ny

i baught a used 12ft rubber edge protech pusher used . the shopping center that I've been maintaing has multiple manhole covers and sewer covers that are high. my 9ft pro plus hits them and its like a shock throughout the truck. over and over again during the night. how will the non triping pusher handle this? should i sell it quick and try and find a tripping type? never used a loader on this site or used a pusher. any info would be great. the loader is a 3yard bucket.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

should pass over it but will leave a trail around it

3. mustang6240

from ny

rubber edge

the shopping center has three or four man hole covers that stick up like 3 inches granted the asphalt mounds up to them. as tall as they are it should just hit and then bounce over them? I've never used a pusher. thank you for response so quick

4. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

You won't even know they are there. You may just leave some snow behind. I use a rubber edge pusher in a few lots that have the same issue and have never had a problem

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

remember you should be floating the box not using down pressure....

6. mustang6240

from ny

oky someone else mentioned today make sure when setting binding chain make sure its not snug should have some play

7. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Mustang,

When using our Rubber Edge Sno Pushers you shouldn't notice any considerable resistance when running over manhole covers. However, there might be a little snow left behind. Also, make sure you are not over-tightening your binding chains. If you considering a containment plow with a trip edge you might want to look into our Savik brand. Here is a video of it tripping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN8Jy7NQv-Q