1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a Pro Plus Ultra fit a Ram 2500 Diesel?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RedDodge, Aug 18, 2008.

1. RedDodge

RedDodge Junior Member
    from md

I'm selling my plow (05 ram 2500 hemi) & the guy that wants to buy it has a 05 ram 2500 Diesel. The western site doesn't list that plow for his truck. Anyone know if it will fit? Is it a weight issue, or clearance issue?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its a weight issue due to the Diesel, and the only reason Western wouldn't show it as a "fit". It'd be over on the FAWR.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

use alot of ballast behind the rear axle...ull be good

4. RedDodge

RedDodge Junior Member
    from md

Thanks.

I spoke with a local Western Dealer & they explained that with a quad cab they have to assume that you have 6 adults as passengers, so that throws the numbers off? I checked the brackets & they fit. It's just a weight issue then.

5. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I use a 8.5' pro on my quad cab 05 Dodge diesel. I also put the Timbrens kit on the front and have a Western 1000 tail gate spreader and usually have the back loaded with a skid of salt...

6. justwheelit

justwheelit Member

i have a western wide-out on order and all im doing is putting a steering brace on the front from b-d performance and a set of airbags. yeah western said the only plow that i could get is a mid-weight and i dont think it would do to well when i discover a curb