1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a mounting bracket accept any plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TSG, Nov 28, 2003.

1. TSG

TSG Member

If I purchase a mounting bracket for my truck (2000 3/4 ton dodge) will accept any plow of the same manufacturer?

For example:

If I bought a Western Uni-mount bracket.. will any Uni-mount plow (from a Ford or GM) mount to it?

Or:

If I purchased a Meyer EZ mount - Can I use Meyer EZ mount plow from a Ford or GM?

Or:

Boss..................... ?

Thanks

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Yes, the plow will attach to the truck without any problems. However you might run into a problem with the wiring matching up.

3. TSG

TSG Member

Thanks for the reply...

This is the head light wiring we're talking about... right? Is it a problem that is easily rectified with the correct harness or maybe hard wiring?

4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Yes I'm talking about the plow side wiring, the problem can be corrected by making sure your plow side wiring matches up with the wiring on your truck seeing as Ford Dodge and Gm all have different truck side harnesses.