1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a MD2 plow blade and A-Frame fit my EZ classic style mount?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Meyerguy68, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Meyerguy68

Meyerguy68 Junior Member

I currently have a Meyer EZ CLASSIC style plow on my truck"The older style setup". My friend wants to sell me a nice poly blade. However his blade setup was off of a Meyer MD2 Setup," the newer style with two chains instead of one"... I will only be purchasing the Blade and A-Frame.. Can I mix the two setups?

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

In a moment I will have a look at the parts manuals on the meyer website to see if I can determine the correct answer, but before I do that, I will tell you that even if it doesn't "fit", it can be **MADE TO FIT**, as I made a fairly old meyer conventional plow fit onto my ARCTIC lift frame. It required redesigning of the plow's A-frame. Tools involved; sawzall, grinder, drill, various wrenches, MIG welder. I also had to drill and retap the angle cylinders to make the hose fittings perpendicular to the bolts rather than parallel.

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Looks like "MDII" is synonymous with "EZ PLUS".

Looking at the parts diagrams, it looks like it might possibly fit. There is a chance. If it requires modification, those modifications will be simple for even a marginally incompetent metal fabricator. The difference between the mounts is in the pegs that stick out from the A-frame and attach to the truck. EZCLASSIC calls for SQUARE PEGS that are sticking out just up from parallel with the A-frame. EZPLUS calls for PLATES that stick more significantly up. One of your main concerns is in the distance between the pegs. You're going to need to measure this.

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-747 R2.pdf <-- C series MDII/EZPLUS
    http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-549 R12.pdf <-- C series EZCLASSIC

ONE THING;
    It looks to me like there is the possibility that the A-frame may be a direct replacement, so long as the blades themselves are of a "compatible" series.

4. MILLSUPPLY

MILLSUPPLY Junior Member

The difference is the A frame, so just remove your A frame from your blade and attach it to the poly blade. This can only be done if both blades have 11" sectors.

5. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Any chance you have pics of that?? I'll PM you.