1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a E60 work with

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by B&E snowplowing, Dec 29, 2011.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

Does anyone know if a E60 pump will work normally with a Meyer Slick Stick, rather then a touch pad controller.

I know I have to change the wiring harness, but since I broke the touch pad, I just want to change it out for the Slick Stick until I can get my hands on a new touch Pad.

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It'll function fine but without the coil hold delays that are built into the handheld controllers you'll find it slowly works it's way to the left on it's own after several raise cycles. It's just the nature of the beast when an E60 is combined with any controller other than a handheld.

3. B&E snowplowing

Thanks you....I changed to the slick stick a couple of weeks ago, as I have to wait a couple more weeks inorder to purchase a new touch pad.

The problem I'm having is that when I raise the plow it SOMETIMES moves to the left, and will not raise. I then have to move it to the center position, and try and raise it again and it might work, then again it might not.

Most of the time I just have to keep trying to raise the plow, then eventually it will go up.

I have replace both side quick connects, the B valve and the coil, I have flushed and filled the entire system, and replaced both filters.

When the plow is in the shop and hooked up where it is warm, it works perfect all the time, take it outside and start plowing and within the first 20 minutes it starts acting up, and progressively get worse, so much to the point where a 10 minute driveway winds up taking almost 40 minutes.

I am lost, I have no idea where to go from here.

Does anyone have any ideas.

4. B&E snowplowing

Sorry I don't know how to edit a post LOL

I have also installed a new solinoid, Motor, and sump base, and it is a brand new slick stick, along with a brand new harness for the slick stick. Everything is all Original Meyer Parts as well.

Thanks

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What fluid are you using? Your problem sounds like a bad sump base but also could be the O-ring at the bottom of the lift ram tube.

6. B&E snowplowing

I am using M-1 fluid, and the sump base is new.

7. kimber750

If sump base is good, O-ring at bottom of lift ram is good and B valve and seals are good, you need a new PA block. This would be easy to test if you had a E46 block off plate. Just seems strange it works inside but not outside. This would leave me to believe there is a crack in the base or PA block.

8. B&E snowplowing

Oh My God..... Sorry for sounding stupid, but... if there was a crack in the base or block would it not leak fluid.

I am just pulling at straws now, but could it be the pump, or a wiring issue. I really dont know what im talking about here.

how hard is it to change the PA Block. I've gone this far.

9. kimber750

No it doesn't have to leak if there is a crack. The crack could be in between two of passages. Does not sound like wiring issue since it works when warm. Wiring should not care what the temp is unlike metal that expands and contracts. If you have the ability you can make a block off plate. Just need flat piece of metal with four holes in it. May be worth the time before spending the money on a new PA block.

PA block is easy to change, it is just expensive to replace. Four allen head bolts hold it on. Make sure you drain the pump first. You shouldn't need to remove the pump from the truck unless you want more room to work. You need a 1/4 allen wrench, a hammer and some sort of breaker bar. Use the hammer to make sure the allen wrench is seated fully in the bolt or else you will strip it. I use a 8" 1/4" extension with a 1/4" socket as a breaker bar.

10. kimber750

Why did you replace the sump base? Just out of curiosity.

11. B&E snowplowing

Stacking snow on the last snowfall last year, busted the top plate and took out the sump pump as well. that was a 1000.00 fix, and it never snowed after that.....go figure eh