1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will a case 321d handle a 14' pusher?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by hardwoodcd, Aug 2, 2013.

1. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

As the title says, I'm trying to decide what size loader to buy before this season. I have found what seems to be a nice 2003 Case 321D loader. I also want to push a 14' pusher for the lot I'll have it on. It's a good size lot. What do you guys think?
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Protec has an appication guide in there site. From my experience my 20,000lb machine is good with a 12' , my 26,000 lb machine is good with a 14'. By good I mean works well under most conditions. These are with stock tires, if you went to a snow tire you could probably push more as you tend to run out of traction before power. A perfect example is 873 Bobcat was horrible with an 8' angle blade with stock tire (12x16.5), we switched to a traction tire that's 1/2 as wide it's not only a tank with the angle blade but will push a. 10' pusher with snow pouring over the top of the pusher without hesitation.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It appears to be about the size of the cat 908 and we ran the 12 LD and those in the past. I would say it handled it well on most events.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The farm I work at just picked up a new 321E and I think you'll find it to be to light for a 14' box. At about 13,000lbs it isn't much heavier then some of the largest skid steers.
  5. fendt716

fendt716 Member
    from nw nj

I would install a horst or machinability snow wing plow on it. A lot hander plow cost more but worth it. We have gotten out of using pushers.
  6. cyride

cyride Junior Member
    from Iowa

We push a 14 foot sectional which will measure over 15 feet with one of our 321d's with no problems. You probably won't be able to turn with a full box but straight pushes are fine with that machine. It's a snow moving S.O.B