1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a Boss 7' Sport Duty Plow work OK?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by graffaj, Feb 8, 2015.

1. graffaj

graffaj Junior Member

I found a deal on an almost new plow. It's a 7' Boss, light duty for $1500. (New last fall he pd 4k). He lost his license and job and needs cash. Includes wiring harness, push plates and plow. I only want to start out doing a few driveways. Is the 7' going to be too narrow for my 2010 Tundra? Anyone else used a lightweight Boss 7' plow and liked it?

2. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

While I can't recommend a 7' plow for a truck that size, but if it's off a Tundra I say it's a good deal for a first timer. 7.5' or 8' would better suit the width of the truck while being more efficient.

3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

7' may be a bit narrow, but you could probably fab up some wings. I'd expect it would need to be custom since it's only a Sport Duty.

4. graffaj

graffaj Junior Member

It is coming off a 2010 Tundra and it's still on his truck. He's willing to let me see it work, and then he'll uninstall it. A new plow set up for $1500 sounds too good to be true, so that sent up a red flag. So ive been doing some homework and looking for advice. I just wonder when the plow is angled if the burm it leaves will make it hard to drive through and make plowing more than a few inches really tough?

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you located? I'll come get it.

Edit, Maine is too far.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015