1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a bad battery cause the plow not to angle?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shadowmaker1969, Dec 5, 2003.

1. shadowmaker1969

shadowmaker1969 Junior Member
    from va

Hooked up the plow (meyers) yesterday and it wouldnt angle. It s stuck all the way to the left. It attempted to but never would. The c solenoid is new, I changed the fluid, I kicked on it and bumped it against something hard with no luck. (havent tried since fluid change) After the change went to get in the truck, battery was dead. Come to find out it was a bad cell. SO, could that have been the problem?

Why does this always happen when its cold and raining and snow on the way? :realmad:

Brad

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Doubt it is a bad battery. I would trouble shoot from the solenoid back to find the problem. When the truck is running, the plow runs off the alternator and uses the battery as back-up power. If there is enough power to lift the blade, there will be enough power to tilt the blade.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check the quick couplers, also try pushing the opposite side against something to see if it breaks free, cylinder could just be stuck, have to do it with my plow every fall when i first get it out.

4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

what model low pump and what do you have stick or touch pad

5. 1976 Ranger

1976 Ranger Junior Member

Wonder if the quick couplers could

be my problem? Mine quite angleing to the right today. The coil has magnetism and power going to it. I was going to replace the
    valve seals tommorrow. But i just went and checked my quick couplers and found the the one for the right was on there let someone welded it together and the left just clicked on and off with no problems. Should i change my coupler ?

David:confused:

6. shadowmaker1969

from va

I have the E47 pump with the toggle sticks. I tried bumping it against something with no luck. Never had any problems with the sticks before. I may break down and buy the touch pad this yr.

I changed the fluid and soaked the spare solenoid in Kroil, cleaned up nice and installed it. Looks like the storm has missed up here in lower VA anyway.

Guess I ll hook up the plow one day this week and see if I can get it working.

Brad

7. shadowmaker1969

from va

I have the E47 pump with the toggle sticks. I tried bumping it against something with no luck. Never had any problems with the sticks before. I may break down and buy the touch pad this yr.

I changed the fluid and soaked the spare solenoid in Kroil, cleaned up nice and installed it. Looks like the storm has missed up here in lower VA anyway.

Guess I ll hook up the plow one day this week and see if I can get it working.

Brad