1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a '97 F-150 4.2L 4x4 Get r done?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Off Road Ron, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Off Road Ron

Off Road Ron Junior Member

Hey everyone this is my first post, and I am looking for information and suggestions for a plowing solution.

I am trying to find a plow for my truck that wont overload the front end, but will be strong enough for a few small commercial lots and residentials..

I do not even know if it will push well, but its run its course as a everyday truck (99,000 mi.) and I would like to put it to work...

So, what plow would you guys reccomend? Any modifications needed to mount a plow? Any comments suggestions are appreciated, and welcomed! Thanks!
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

7'6" blade. max. weight 550 lbs. Should be fine.

Transfer case in low range for heavy work.
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

7'6" plow any brand you want, auxillary trans cooler, maybe a bigger alternator and some timbrens (load boosters). Change your transmission fluid a few times during snow season and your fine. My 2000 F-150 carries a 7'6" plow great and not a single problem yet.