1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will a 7'6" pro unimount fit a 2000 ford diesel crew cab with a long bed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Andy's Beast, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

I just bought a 2000 ford f250 7.3L crew cab with the 8ft bed. I went on westerns website and found that i could use a 7'6" midweight. Would a 7'6 Pro Unimount work on the this truck or would i be overloading the axle?

Let me know what you guys think.

2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

go for an 8'. your rear tires will be in snow when you angle the blade

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

unimount

like abbe said go for the 8ft if you could but yes a 7.6 will work in fact if you wanted to an 8.6 would work 7.6 is perfect no problem.

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That is an enormous truck and the 7.5 will be like a toy on it. I don't know if there's a plow you can put on there to avoid running over your windrows in a turn, but going bigger thana 7.5 will help. Good luck

5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I wouldn't go with a mid weight. At least go 7.5 or 8 you won't regret it. Do you already have a unimout mount on your truck?

6. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

I think I'm going to try and keep both trucks. My 95 is set up for the plow already, is about 4.5 ft shorter, and is good running wood/ plow truck. If I sell it, i may get $1800 for it. If i get the mount put on and make the necessary adjustments to the wiring, i am looking at about a $1k. Not really worth the money to rig out my newer truck. Great, problem solved. now my biggest problem is selling this to my wife. I think we agreed upon me selling my old truck ,or something along those lines.