1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 plow good??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EliteJ, Nov 20, 2013.

1. EliteJ

EliteJ Member

So I am thinking of down sizing from my 3/4 ton to a half ton I have sitting here at my shop. It is a 2008 Dodge 1500 sxt 5.7 hemi auto 4x4. I really don't do any commercial plowing. I have a few driveways and 2 parking lots that I do since I own the properties. I have a 3 year old (very light use) Arctic 7.5 I was going to mount on the ram. What are your thoughts??

2. stone74

stone74 Member

I plow with a 2010 Ram with a 7.5 Sno Way on it.
    Works great.

3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Not the best 1/2 ton for plowing but it will do job( not bashing dodge I own a 3500 and love it) I think the gm's and toyotas 1/2 tons are better .

4. aquinod

aquinod Junior Member

my 1/2 ton 5.3 sierra works well enough for me but i am new to plowing and its the only truck i have used so far i plow 6 drive ways and 2 parking lots about only 3 hours of plowing each snowfall

5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Its got 4 wheels and 4wd? Then it should be able to plow.
    The question, however, is which of arctic's 7.5' plows do you have? They've got ones that may be a bit heavy for that truck to carry around competently.