1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will a 1987 F-350 Unimount fit on a 1993 superduty?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DodgeRam1996, Aug 26, 2010.

1. DodgeRam1996

DodgeRam1996 Senior Member

Western's website was not clear about it, so I ask the experts! Will a 1987 F-350 western truckside Unimount fit on a 1993 superduty?

2. ains182

ains182 Junior Member

1st thing Dodge there is no such truck as a 1993 superduty if you are talking about just a 1993 f series truck then yes it should work just look at the two trucks and compare the frames do some measuring and dry fit the mount if it all lines up then your set

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Actually there was a Superduty truck then. It was an F-Superduty sometimes called an F-450. Basically equivalant to an F-450 today. It was 2wd C&C dual wheel only from the factory though some were converted to 4x4. They are easily spotted by 10 wheel studs. Otherwise they look just like a F350 C&C. Do you have a F-Superduty?

As for the mount, the frames were the same except for the way the bumper mounted. Not sure on the Western but I know Fisher mounts will swap and will just need the piece that extends off the mount to the bumper bolts modified. Of course if you can find the right mount it will be easier. The other thing to watch is the height of the mount on a 2wd truck.
    I mounted a Fisher to a F-Superduty once and it was exactly the same mount that was on an F-350.

4. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Unfortunately, the mount from the earlier truck will not fit the 93 chassis...i just went down that road..the top chassis mount is all together different in design.

5. ains182

ains182 Junior Member

Agreed my76f250 and i do appolagize