1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will 88-00 harness work for 03 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by UNCLETONY, Jul 9, 2011.

UNCLETONY Junior Member
    from IN

I bought a complete used ultramount (6 years old) 3 plug this spring that was on a 98 chevy. I got it blasted and was planning on buying a 6.5 and putting it on it. I ended up getting a hell of a deal on an 03 2500hd so I am going to put the plow on that truck. I know I need a mount but my question is will that harness plug into the silverado or will I have problems? Thanks for any information.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You will need a new harness. 88-00 aren't the same aside from sealed beam style'd lights, let alone that 03 changed again after the 99-02's b/c the headlights swiched to positive ground. The control harness will work, and if you have some electrical knowledge you can make the light harness work, especially if you used a switch, but it will not plug and play for sure.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It can be done. If you search I think B&B posted the conversion instructions a couple years ago.