1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

will 35'' tires rub?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by duramax-king, Jan 10, 2010.

1. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

will my 35'' bfg's rub when on my 1997 gmc sierra 3500 SRW?or on a 1995 dodge ram 3500 dually?
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

35" yes thay will.

chevy will require 6" of lift or 3-4" with lots of cuttin to clear.

dodge or any drw truck. will need mods to clear. and special centering spacers to move the outer rear tires out and center them on the spacer to then bolt to the spacers.

if this is a plow rig what are you thinking ? ? ?

run some 285/75/16 on srw or spacers also and still rub the side walls on a drw truck.

you might try 255/85/16 on the drw truck and a smaller spacer on the rear. this is a skinny 33" tire.
  4. bosman

bosman Senior Member

285/75/16 is the biggest I've been able to go on my chevy's.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

under the wrong conditions thay will rub a bit .

PLOWINHD Member

I'm running 285/75/16 that are more like 265s now that they're older, I'd like to upgrade to 17" H2 Wheels, Cognito Upper A-arms, and bilsteins. The only problem is with that levelling kit my plow mount will still be dangerously close to the ground for the logging road excursions of the summer time. Then I think, maybe I'll lift it a full four all around and take a little out of the torsion bars, I'm torn, and not made of money what do you chevy guys think?

P.S. I just found a cognito kit that drops the bars down 4 inches and still leaves you with the adjustability or the t-bars, it comes with shocks all around too, and the u bolts and blocks for the rear. might be something to look at, then I'll just have to make sure I've got a skid available to drop my plow on, might make it harder to steal?
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  7. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

4 inch lift, 35" summer tires, 255/85 or 285/75 winter tires. There, I solved the problem.
  8. jxb1008

jxb1008 Junior Member

Cognito Leveling Kit

Have you upgraded yet, I would love to put the 2-3 in. Cognito stage 4 leveling kit on my 08 chevy dmax, but dont know if the smarthitch will work. I have it set on the lowest setting now. I am affraid that if I add that extra lift that it will not hit the pins. Any advise. Thanks?