1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will 35" tires fit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Hoggin GMC, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Hoggin GMC

Hoggin GMC Junior Member

Hi, I own a 85 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. I have a 4" lift kit. Will I be able to run 35x12.50 tires without any rubbing or trimming modifications. I do not plan on installing a body lift.

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i dont think your highth will be a problem but you need to mesure from front of whell well to back so you can see if the side clearence is enough

i personally feal you need about 1inch on each side at least so when you measure you need about 37" or more
  3. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

I don't know about only an inch of clearance. 4" lift should keep you from rubbing in a straight line, but on corners, with bumps, you will hit your fenders. With just a tiny bit of trimming in the right place you would be fine. Also keep in mind that no two lifts are exactly the same, and no two sets of 35" tires are the same, so measure, and test fit before dropping a lot of cash if you're absolutely against a little chopping.

4. Hoggin GMC

Hoggin GMC Junior Member

thanks for the info