1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will 285 75 16 rub on my 06 Chevy CC Duramax?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevy/GMC, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Does anyone here run 285 75 16 tires on there chevy 2500? If so do they rub ?????
    My Truck originally came with 245's and now they have 265's, but I'd like to go bigger. I just installed a Set of buyers Timbrens,and with the Boss 7.6 poly the front dosen't drop at all???? Please post pictures if you have them, THanks....

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

mine rubbed..... needed to jack the t-bars up almost all the way.

3. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Are you running stock or custom rims?

4. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

I would be using the stock rims. It looks like the front tires would be real close to the back side of the front inner fender well while turning.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I ran 285's on stock rims for quite a while in the summer, you'll have to crank you bars up a little bit at a time untill they don't rub. You also might have totie back some of the inner fender along with maybe trimming some of the front valance, It's not a big deal there are 1000's of people doing it.

6. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

I'm running 285's on my 08 and had to turn the tb's alittle and trim some of the plastic but very little. It still rubs on one side only if the wheels are turned all the way and backing up, but not enough to trim more.

7. Jeffwich

Jeffwich Member

Im running 315/70/17 on h2's. I had to crank bars a few turns and trim the plastic bumper valance a little to work. It is nice now that the front end isn't so low anymore.
    Jeff

8. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Hey Jeff, what brand tire are your 315s. I have H2 rims and am in need of new tires. You dont run these in the winter do ya with a plow?? Do you have a pic??

Chris

9. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

You should be able to get them to fit without major problems. You will probably have to trim some plastic.

10. Jeffwich

Jeffwich Member

Bf Goodrich all terrain. I will try and put some pics up for you later today. Yes i do run the big tires in the winter and smaller ones in the summer. You can take a look at the truck if you want im off M-15 just north of dixie.
    Jeff

11. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Thanks Jeff, yes that would be great. Id like to take a look and also see these "Danger Wings" you have. PM me your number and Ill call you this week. Im just around the corner from ya.

Chris

12. fathead

fathead Junior Member
    from MN

285 with Allison

FYI for your Allison 1000, ran on my 2001 with 285 and we did have problem when towing the bobcat on the highway
    Speedometer / Tires - What effects will big tires have on transmission operation?

A. The TCM calibration is based on factory tire size and rear axle ratio. Changing either of these parameters will have some adverse impact on transmission operation, including features like grade braking and shift stabilization. For instance, we have noted that when P285 tires are installed that the transmission generally does not shift to 5th range when towing heavy loads.

Yes lot of use run big tires just FYI

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Have 285 All Terrains and shock extensions. T Bars cranked up and no problems.

14. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

I got new tires today, I went with BF Goodrich AT TKo's 265 75 16

I really wanted the 285's but my gut feeling said to just go with the 265's.

15. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

i have a 2007 2500 gmcsierra duramax crewcab i have 285s on the 16inch rims only rubs on mudflaps when wheel is cut all the way backing up did not touch torsion bars

16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My bars are cranked about 2/3 of the way in and have 285/75/16 BFG AT/KO's on the stock rims....they don't rub at all without the plow and VERY little with the plow on when i turn the wheel just right.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you'll like em' but next time ignore the gut and go all in! =D