1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Will 2500 coil springs work on a 1500???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HuskerSnow, Aug 23, 2010.

1. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

This will be my first year plowing and I plan on using my 1992 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 as my plow truck. The rear leaf springs were already changed out for 3/4 ton leaf springs when I bought the truck last summer. I was looking to upgrade the front coil springs so it would better handle a plow. Would K2500 coil springs work/fit on my K1500? And what other suspension components should I look at to better handle a plow?
    Thanks guys.
    -Fred-

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Are you talking about a 2wd truck? B/c 4x4's don't have coil springs, they have torsion bars.....and yes they are a direct fit.

3. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

My bad, yes i meant torsion bars. and is there anything else I should look at for upgrading the front end?

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Well, the hub bearings will still have the stress being half ton ones, but the tbars do help.......I've done it.