1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wild country TXR

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Detroitdan, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody tried these tires? I found some in the size I've been looking for (real hard to find oddball size. They aren't pretty but look like they would work in snow. I am just a little leery because they aren't a name brand. I bought a set of Wild Country tires two years ago and they already need replacing, plus they were just not aggressive enough for plowing. To be honest I think the reason the wore out so fast was from getting stuck and spinning them so much. They probably would still be good if they were used on-road only. I am pretty hard on tires, so I don't expect a ton of miles out of them.
    Anyway, IIRC the Wild Country XRT II I bought I think they said was made by Cooper, some of the other Wild Country tires were supposed to be made by Goodyear.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the TXR in particular. Not really looking for suggestions about other brands, thanks.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

just put a set on my truck the sidewall says wild spirit txr2 look just like a snow tire
    i own a repair shop my tire rep told me they were made by cooper and are pinned
    for studs not sure how long they'll last. but they have to be better than my michelins
    with 40k on them

JR