1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wig wag for parking lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cameo89, Nov 18, 2009.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well my brother-n-law just gave me an almost new wig wag box, and I know I can't run them on my head lights, so since I have them I wanna use them, so Im thinking my parking lights? any1 ever do this?

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Id say red neck. Not worth it.

3. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

how about fogs?
    or reverse lights?

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Get yourself some Amber flood/fog lights... Hook up a 3 position switch. That way you can run them on Solid or flip the switch and get the power to the wig-wags and your all set. 2 options for the price of one!

You mount the switch on a dedicated power line before you get to the wig-wag. Make sure you put an inline fuse in.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  5. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I like it!!!

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

ok but I already have a 48" code3 w/ 5 rotaters, amber sweeps, take downs & alleys , plus 6 strobes, 2 in head lamps, 2 in reverse & 2 in 3rd brake light, maybe it is red neck!

7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Damn....Your lit up except for the sides...Do you have running boards?

If you do...Think about mounting some lights on the running boards.... say like 4 marker lights on each side. put them on the horizontal between the step and the cab of the vehicle. when you wire the lights set it up like headlights... 2 on each side instead of the headlights... you'll have enough work a total of 8 lights with the wig-wag... this will give you more side protection and if your sitting on a scene it will look cool. I'm just hope'n that you have duel batteries and a hvy duty alternator on that thing with so many lights on it!

**oo oo** **** ****etc... ( <---Flash Patterns --->) or *o*o o*o* **** ****

You could always sell it to some other person needing lighting...install it for him and they'll be greatful plus... payup or :drinkup:

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Down in this section oh Ohio...We call it ... KD... But hey it's your baby! :salute:

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

KD? what does that mean? I do like the side marker idea too.

10. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

No runnig boards! but I like the idea, mayde I could mount sum lights to the side of my truck tool box? yes I have 2 batts, not sure what amp. alt. yet, but no problems as of yet!

11. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

KD stands for Ketchup D*ck... where the person has so many lights on a vehical they need an extra battery and alternator due to the amp draw. When they turn on the lights the airplanes get blinded.

This was an old saying in our area from back in the 70's

12. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

How about putting a bunch of the lights on the sides and the back of your tool box and run the wig-wags to them!

Ground Effects! There you go!:D

13. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i would not use it on the tail lights. they do make a special flasher with the diodes and the such to keep power from feeding back into the vehicle

14. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

yeah put some lights on the back and sides of your box 2 on the sides. use some LED's if that's practical for you...But with that amount of lighting you should be good except low on the sides.

15. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I dont think its legal to run them in my tail lights or head lamps due to the wig wag alternats, it will look to much like a safty vehical, cop, fire, ems, ect. maybe I will leave well enuff alone!

16. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

e-mail me if you want to trade it for something..