1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wife is ganna run a truck this year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Oct 9, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

My wife is going to run a truck this year not sure if this a good idea or not but we will see. I'm a horrible teacher any ideas on this subject. She has ran a truck before here and there but nutn real serious or for a full shift. She was laid off on her full time job after 18 years of service what a crock that was. Does any body else have the wife run equipment or am I asking for a divorce hahaha.

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

For me the words wife & teach don't go together, good luck though. lol practice practice practice

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Mine my might be in a loader or a skiddy this season.

4. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I guess one good thing she will all ways plow with me and the two trucks will be together. Wish me luck ha

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

At least you know she will show up.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

3 hours late because she couldn't find anything to wear that she liked.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

LMAO. Dang near fell outta the chair all Im thinking is the foxworthy skit taking his wife hunting

8. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

lol......sigh....sigh.....run deer run!!! lol funny skit

9. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

My wife has plowed with for the past two years it takes her 2 hours to get ready at least I wont over sleep we always have food packed and coffie made train her well just have patience my wife knows how to run my skid also she will do fine

10. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I wish my wife would like to plow.

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Not me, I don't even want to be in the same town. I told her I won't refuel her machine until it runs out of fuel....my truck is dentless and I want to keep it that way!

Good luck!

12. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Family show.

My wife and one of my daughters have expressed interstate in learning, I say why not I have four piece of equipment to roll and need reliable bums in the seats. My wife has been great making sure I get paid for the work we do,family successes.

13. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Sima has some pretty basic training videos. I have also sketched out our lots the dicected it to help train guys, my brother said the sketches helped the most. Some things are tough to teach though. For instance I do one office complex when I plow it the shovlers have half the work as when another driver does it. Guess who used to have to shovel it as well ;). The shovel crew also works for me and I truly appreciate all their efforts anything I can do to make it easier....I do.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  14. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

if your wife is using one of your plow trucks, then how are you going to get away with your girlfriend cruising around with you in the passenger seat.... you know she's going to wind up seeing you two together..:laughing:

15. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

There sister's nothing to worry about

16. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Oops , misread post. Thought it said "Wife is going to ruin a truck this year":eek:

17. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Wife has run a plow rig for 10 yrs. Learning curve is mainly self taught. Same as any driver, they either are efficient and get it or not! She runs 30 drives, 2 snow blower/shovel crews, and assists on 1 large apt complex. I have 1 female sub and only give her high $ lots, as woman tend to be perfectionists.

Have had several on sidewalk crews, just like guys, some make it, some don't.

As a note, handles all phone calls!