1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wife due with 1st son and blizzard on the way!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NW Snow Removal, Feb 8, 2010.

1. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

My wife Maggie, who posts on here more frequently than I do, is due to give birth this week. Right as a blizzard is on the way to chicago of course. We knew this would happen, since every time we have made plans during the winter the last several years it has snowed like crazy. This is gonna be one hell of a week with no sleep, but I am excited as hell. I will not miss the birth due to a snow storm, but it will be crazy having to supervise drivers from the birthing room. Anyone else have a baby during a blizzard??:bday:
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

nope, can't say i have dones that one yet, congratulations though, I would say that would be a good excuse to be a little late getting to contracts. Good luck!!!
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Something tell's me based on your truck line up you will be fine. Looks like you guys will get the snow early week so maybe the baby will wait a couple of days and come later.
    Congrates and good look :) :dizzy: :drinkup:
  4. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Maybe not a blizzard, but have left plowing twice to bring the wife in. I have a daughter born Jan. 7, and another Jan. 25. Snowed both times on the day of the birth.
  5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lol, with all the bored snow contractors out there, i bet there is going to be a lot of June, July, August babies this year!!!
  6. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

Funny you should mention that buckwheat. My wife is due August 15th had a appt with the doc on Friday and heard the babys heartbeat......... very cool
  7. keitha

keitha Senior Member

With that size operation, you must have several supervisors/ foreman?
    Yes the buck stops with you I realize, but... what happens if you are in
    no way possible able to work?

Being there for the birth of your child is like no other experience you and your wife will ever go thru together!!!
    My baby is 20 now and I remember every detail of that day.

Best of luck and God bless the three of you.

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Congrats and good luck to you and the wife.
  9. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

congrats and good luck
  10. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Best of LUCK!!!

And I agree it's not like anything else you'll ever expierience4 in your life.......
  11. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

LMAO, same here, but Aug 21. Had the first Ultrasound on Friday, amazing feeling.
  12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Tell her to wait. :nod:

Congrats to you.

Ummm ...................Why would snow contractor have alot of babies conceived in Sept, Oct, and Nov? :confused:

Congrats. :drinkup:
  13. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

When it rains it pours, or in this case, snows & blizzards.

Good luck!!
  14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

its the low atmospheric pressure that triggers a lot of births in storms.
  15. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

I tried to make one (with the neighbor), but it didn't work out. LOL :laughing::laughing::laughing: Kidding aside; GOOD LUCK!!!!
  16. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

My second daughter was born Dec 14th last Winter. I was nervious as Hell. We had our first storm on the 6th, then the 7th, 13th, 17th, then got hammered the 19th, 20th, and 21st. As well as moving snow in between storms. That was a long week.
  17. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

and yes i did have to look at my records to remember our schedule last year.
  18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make her sleep on her head this week ,that should hold things off.
  19. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Congrats..:drinkup:..Keep us updated.
  20. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

congratulations, its actually funny that you're worried, my dads first year on the job as a police officer was the day i was born. i popped out at 530, he went to work at 8. the lady organizing shifts that morning asked him if he was stupid, and sent him home to be with us. i think thats his proudest moment, starting his caeer and having his first born.

conrats again, and dont be worried, it'll all fall into place.