1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wierdest place you have plowed?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 04superduty, Nov 23, 2007.

1. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the title says it all, what is a strange/wierd place you have had to plow.
    for me it was an alley, yep an alley, about 10 ft wide by 50ft, between a bank and another building. had to pull off of a main road and unlock a chain to plow out the alley. took maybe 15 minutes if that. soo, i know there some good stories, lets hear them.

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol someone legit payed me to plow they're front yard so they could use it for parking for some party they had

3. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

i once plowed an alley which led to 6 garages... 3 on each side.. i believe it was section 8 housing.. all people living in the cruddy houses that attatched..

3 german shepard dogs barked ferociously at me the whole time i was doing it...

the asphalt in the alley was horrible also..

it wasnt a good decision to take that job

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
  4. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

presidents day storm in 02'.....27 inches of snow and plowed my way down this lonnnng hill into a graveyard, no asphalt only gravel but it had to be cleared for a big funeral...needless to say got stuck at 3am, went to open my door and pushed 6 inches of snow it was so deep when opening it

tried snow shoveling for about half an hour, gave up started walking looking for the other plow guy some 3 miles away

imagine 50 mile an hour sustained wind with sleet stinging your face walking through an old graveyard in the middle of the night in 2 feet of snow

crazzy

well the other plow guy had left the church site and i huddled under an arch of one of the wings of the church until i spotted another 4x4 and he managed to get me moving

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I had to plow someones yard once, they wanted all the snow in a huge pile, so they could use it as a snowmobile jump. Its not that easy plowing someones yard without making any marks.

6. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

plowed :gunsfiring: a adult book store...seen some crazy stuff while i was there plowing....hookers an all...gezzzzzz

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
  7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

At an ultralight airport the guy had a ditch full of water for his pontoon equipped ultralight I plowed the lagoon for a model airplane club.

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I plowed a drag strip for snowmobile racing on a local lake. Easy job, nice payup

9. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

We have one of those adult book stores, and we have one where we push the snow from the lot onto the creek so snowmobiles can use it as a ramp and drive right up into the parking lot.

10. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I had to plow a path on someones yard so we could get equipment in to cut some trees.

11. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

thats crazy... no matter how manly you are

12. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Plowing a lot last year, I have a guy come up to me and ask to clear a path for him from the road into the hotel for $100.. The hotel hadn't been plowed yet.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Not really weird but unusual,

When I worked at a ski area out west I had to skim snow off of an avalanche deposition pile looking for the body of a buried (hopefully deceased) skier with a sno-cat.

It became real ugly that last pass when you found them.
    and no i did not take any pics......

Maybe not the weirdest but ....

14. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I would have to say an outdoor ice skating rink one winter. It was interesting to say the least trying to push 6 inches of snow out of the opening which is only about 10ft wide.

15. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I had to plow a campground 2 times last year. that was pretty wierd.

16. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

same here and when i was done i had tom go in and have them check i felt very odd being there i never knew they made a 3ft.... never mind

17. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I would have to say the time a customer asked me to plow into the back of their brand new car which was stuck on the side of the road. I informed them of the potential risks but they didnt care. I approached the car nice and easy, placed the plow on the rear bumper and moved the car......best part.........no damage whatsoever.....

18. mayfam

mayfam Junior Member

weirdest place

I plow a 30 degree incline 2 track and salted it. It led to a open pasture where the home owner had expensive horses. then I had to plow alot of the pasture to make sure the horses didn't walk on deep snow. Very different. But nice people. :dizzy:

19. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

i plowed a real big section eight apartment complex one time and one time only.1997 got a call from hud, we went to the site and the fellow said when plowing dont stop ,do the roads only, no parking. the snow was about 14 inches deep and all the cars were parked where all the snow went up behind the cars,it was not good we had shovels flying at us snowballs,beer bottles ,never saw or heard any bulletts but these people were pissed ,they were stuck in the complex already three days after storm and now they had to unbury their car.i mean we pushed the snow and it rolled up on,inbetween and under these cars.good thing it was still early in the morning.

one other was a graveyard ,during the day but we had to walk it with shovels first to find the roads.one good thing ,we never woke any one up......

20. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I too had to plow a cemetery once. We got an early fall storm, was only supposed to be 2" it ended up being about 12". That was a pain as there were no lumps old snow banks to go by. the road ways are about 10' wide if that! Was still finishing when the procession arrived. The The second car behind the herse stopped, a man got out of the back, came over to my window. He thanked me for doing it, & said I plow too, and I bet this sucked with nothing to go by. Gave me a $100 tip. Turns out it was his wifes funeral.