1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wierd Problem: Stopped Working now Works. Help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ininkus1, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Ininkus1

Ininkus1 Junior Member

Wierd problem. I dropped my plow for a few days when we didn't get any snow. Once the snow was back I hooked it back up, lights worked and motor worked, but plow had no lift OR left right movement. Hit the button and the motor just spun.

I let it sit for the night and went back an rehooked up the next morning. Did the same thing so I short chained it to get home. On my way home I checked and all the sudden the angle is working. Adjusted the chain and have since plowed 3 driveways with no problems at all! What's up with that? Any ideas based on the above info?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

More than likely a bad connection at the grill connector.
  3. Ininkus1

Ininkus1 Junior Member

Thanks Crash.

I see a patern now. It must have something to do with freezing, because when I leave it overnight it stops working, but then after the engine is on for an hour or so it starts working, so I'm guessing something is freezing and then the engine temp is causing it to thaw.

Could this be in the electrical connector still or more likely the screen in the pump has moisture?

Again, lights work, but when you hit the trigger the motor just spins, plow doesn't move.
  4. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

Sounds like a bad connection to me. I'm not a mechanic but i do turn wrenches...lol...but an electrical connection would be more intermittent if it was a bad connection. Does the pump on the plow heat the hydraulic oil when the truck is running? Probably not. I'm wondering if the solenoid is sticking or the controls in the truck are freezing and then thawing out when the truck is warmed up? Perhaps condensation is building up in the controls in the truck and then when it thaws she fires again. Like I said I'm no mechanic but it sounds suspect based on what you describe. Good luck bud!