1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Width of Western Wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ESEnterprises, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ESEnterprises

ESEnterprises Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have poked through several threads and there website but I cannot seem to find out how much total width the factory Western wings add to the plow. I have used the Pro-Wings forever but now have a newer Western Pro-Plus and would rather use the factory wings if they are wide enough.

Cost issues aside, are there any drawbacks to them versus Pro-Wings?

Thanks for your help,
    Eric

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 8.5 foot Western Pro Plus, and the Western wings. If memory serves me, it's about 10' 2" with the wings attached... so, the wings add about 20". The Western wings aren't cheap, but they are built very well, fit great, and attach and detatch in seconds. The edge is rubber, you usually have to trim some off the bottom when they're new to make them match your blade. Oh, and they're heavy... a Pro Plus with wings is a big load... close to, or heavier than the 8.5 ft. MVP's I have on other trucks.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 8'6"MVP with wings and just like the previous poster says it adds about 10" to each side.

The nice thing about them is that they go on and off with the pull of a pin.

4. ESEnterprises

ESEnterprises Junior Member
    from Iowa

Thank you for the information. For some reason they just didn't look that wide in the pictures. The Pro-Wings add about 22" but I would really rather have something that just fits.

Eric

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I believe the wings add 6" per side for a total of 1 foot. I have 3 sets. The only negative thing about them is pushing the leading edge into a curb. You can bend them pretty quick. You need to raise the blade to go over the curb before you get there.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

7. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

adds 1 foot.

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's it, I'm measuring again tomorrow :dizzy:

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I bet you lie about the length of something else also.tymusic

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Lie might have been a little strong, Exaggerate was the word I was looking for. wesport

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  11. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

Has anyone had a chance to measure yet? Are they 6" or 10" Not that its a big deal either way, I'm just curious!

12. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

I just went outside and measured my set...They are each about 6 1/4" wide making my 8'6" into a 9'6"

13. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

Muchos Gracias!!!!

14. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

No problemo....happy to help out